Organic Yellow Rice Recipe + Vegetarian Curry Dish
Apr 11, 2018
Two fantastic recipes in one!
Yellow Rice Recipe
This recipes is for the rice, scroll down for the additional ingredients to make it a curry dinner!
This rice recipe is a beautiful base for chicken and rice, curry rice, or anytime you'd like to add a little color and flavor to your rice.
Both turmeric and saffron are delicious middle eastern spices, and turmeric is extremely healthy for you :)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups organic brown rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon organic chicken bullion (optional)
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt and black pepper (optional)
Add all ingredients to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cover, cook until rice is done (about 20-25 minutes.)
- You can add more turmeric for more flavor and color.
- You may substitute a pinch of saffron threads for turmeric if you’d like a lighter flavor.
Vegetarian Curry Dinner
You can use the yellow rice recipe as a base to make an excellent curry dinner: add 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1-1 cups sliced cauliflower and carrots, 4 cloves minced garlic, and a diced yellow onion to the pot when you add the rice. A few minutes before rice is done, add a can of organic garbonzo beans (chickpeas) to the pot.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Katy.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.